Client Name: Workspace Plc.
Duration: 24 weeks
Location: Angel House, London
Angel House, which was a former art-deco tobacco warehouse is strategically situated on Goswell Road, London. The brief was for the extensive remodelling of the structure to achieve more useable office space by bringing in natural light where possible. The client wanted to achieve a modern look and feel throughout the large offices, studios, reception and common areas.
This project required careful planning and management as works were carried out in an occupied building with private residences adjacent. This involved restricted site access and management of residents and tenants.
A key focus throughout was Health & Safety with the multi-floor fit-out requiring phasing to ensure safe working areas and multiple trades on site.
The extensive CAT A works included;
· Strip out and refurbishment of all existing finishes and fittings
· Sandblasting of the ceilings and walls across the entire project
· Asbestos removal
· Large sections of 1.2 m slab were removed to accommodate new stairwells
· Large skylights installed over stairwell
· Slab demolition and chasing to install new drainage pipes, manholes and drains
· Full mechanical, electrical fit-out and Daikin HVAC installation
· Construction of new restrooms and showers along with the associated tiling and sanitary ware throughout.
The result is an attractive building providing approximately 5,000 m2 of high quality, warehouse style office accommodation arranged over lower ground, ground and four upper floors. It boasts sandblasted brick and concrete walls and ceilings throughout, bespoke metal staircases and new floor to ceiling glazed panels. The exposed original brick, AC and ductwork, result in modern offices with an industrial vibe.
See the stunning time-lapse here: Angel House Time-lapse.